cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Jco Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am facing a problem while running my project in NWDI. I am getting the following 'jco destination error' after running. Though the JCO which is used is WD_METADATA_DMN & WD_MODEL_DATA_DMN, it still shows the error in Jco Destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in SLD.

How can i solve this issue? Please help me.

ERROR:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:467)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:241)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:226)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:129)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:150)

... 60 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Janice,

As you are saying that your application is using the destinations named WD_METADATA_DMN & WD_MODEL_DATA_DMN but still when running the application you are getting an error since in some model you kept the destination as WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST. To correct this

1) Select one of the model class by expanding the model and look into the properties there you can find the modeldata destiantion

2) Select the dictionary object which is formed woth the name of the model in the project and select the properties here you can find the meta deta destination

As your error states that it is meta data destination error just look into all the dictionary object in the project and see of some thing uses the error stated name and change it to your meta destination name.

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to below path

Content Administration --> Web Dynpro --> Maintain Jco Destinations button

From the left side navigation, search or brows your application and you will be able to see the JCO Destination tab for the selected application on the right hand side.

Go to JCO Destination tab to view all the JCO destinations in your WebDynpro application

If you see the destination in Red color, that means the destination is not yet created. You can create the destination by clicking on create link. Also you can ping and test the destination to find any problem with the destination

Regards,

Amol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All of you!

Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions & steps on how to go about the problem i was stuck with. The answers were really helpful.

Regards,

Janice

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

As Desiree said, please do check the SLD data supplier in visual administrator and update the host and service file in server system desktop.

As per the error message "No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.", please create the JCO destination 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' and 'WD_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST'. Also check and verify project in NWDS which JCO destination has used.

[Refer to System Landscape Directory Process and JCo Configuration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1d495-048e-2b10-babd-924a136f56b5?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

There may be a problem with the SLD Data Supplier. Go to the Visual Administrator --> SLD Data Supplier and trigger data transfer to SDL. Is there any error?

JCo destinations should always be configured using the Web Dynpro Content Admin tool as this ensures consistency of the Jco destinations and SLD persistency of these does not contain security relevant information. This means that one should not use the SLD Web UI (http:///sld) to change JCo destinations. How did you create the destinations?

Regards,

Désiré