cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 without XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to implement SRM 7.0 with ECC 6.0 EhP4 as a backend. Scenarios identified in the scope are:

Self Service Procurement (Extended classic)

Service Procurement

Plan Driven procurement

Operational Contracts

SRM-MDM Catalog

For some reasons we do not have XI in the landscape. I need to identify the limitations in the above scope due to XI unavailability. My understanding is, we will not be able to leverage on below functions:

1. Services with hierarchies.

2. Central contract functionality.

3. CPPR

I am not sure about central contract limitation. If the functionality is not supported completely w/o XI or its possible to implement with limited features.

I want to reconfirm my understanding and some additional inputs in case of few more limitations.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I think you're spot on, these scenarios indeed require XI. The CCTR scenario currently also requires XI, everything E-SOA-like uses services. The SRM built-in-message broker doesn't support a-synchronous services yet therefore PI is still required however: SAP is going to release more and more pi-independent services in the future.

EHP1 for SAP SRM (due december 2010) will include PI-Independent-Services for the CPPR and CCTR scenario: [http://service.sap.com/Srm-ehp]

For services with hierarchies and SRM-MDM you'll require Xi/Pi. Services with hierarchies in the PDP scenario (CPPR) and contract (CCTR) scenario should also be fully supported as of SRM EHP1.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

This certainly answes to my question and thanks for sharing intresting information about future roadmap. I assume from your reply that there is no other limitation for the scope of my implementation.

Any additional opinions or inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Self Service Procurement (Extended classic) -> Doesn't require XI, operate/exchange data via RFC

Service Procurement without SUS-> Doesn't require XI, operate via RFC

Plan Driven procurement -> CPPR requires XI, however the old PDP scenario is still available and doesn't require XI.

Operational Contracts -> Operational contracts as in 'extended-classic contracts / non-CCTR contracts' doesn't require XI. However CCTR does require XI.

SRM-MDM Catalog -> Can be operated without XI aswell, however for direct initial/delta-loading you would require XI. If you would manually extract/load data in your MDM environment via MDM Import Manager this would be a operable scenario without XI aswell.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tim

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is my understanding.

SRM <-> ERP without PI is possible

SRM -> Catalog, PI is required

ERP -> Catalog, PI is required