cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving faulty Source file not working in Sender Adapter FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have enabled "Archiving Faulty Source File" in Sender Adapter FCC and pen down the directory path accordingly.

Likewise I also enable the processed mode as "archive" and give it the direcotory path.

However when there is a error flagged in sxmb_moni for this interface, I unable to see any file created in the error folder but I can see a file with timestamp being created in the archive folder.

I have checked the access right to the directory, so this is not an issue. I ran through the forum on this subject and come across the help.sap note on the following

" To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, set the indicator.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

More information: MessageTransformBean, Migrating Dispatcher Classes

○ Specify the Directory for Error Archiving.

○ To add a time stamp to the archived file, select Add Time Stamp. "

What is the definition as "permanent error". The error I got in sxmb_moni is a mapping conversion error, so it should be archive this to the error folder, right ?

Anyone have any such setting enabled and working ?

Regards

FNG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error I got in sxmb_moni is a mapping conversion error, so it should be archive this to the error folder, right ?

No, it is not the case. As mentioned on the SAP Help site, for the faulty file to be archived, the error has to occur in content conversion, or in module processor.

If the error you are getting is in MONI, then it means syntactically the file is correct and hence adapter engine has picked up and sent to integration engine (SXMB_MONI).

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya

Got it. Thanks for the guidance.

FNG