cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have a Idoc to file scenario where i need to collect the data from two units, say "company A" (data related to materials) and "company B" (Invoice) in a normal scenario,"company A" and "company B" are two different IDOCs, not in BPM scenario

Company A : MaterialSwitchPlain

Company B : $200 (for MaterialSwitchPlain)

when i trigger the Idoc it should search the records in "company A" and respective invoicing should happen

as output as

OutPut: MaterialSwitchPlain,$200

Is this possible to search in two different IDOCs in normal scenario and get the output, or any other way except BPM.

Regards

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you write logic in ECC it self , then you dont require BPM else Without BPMnot posible i think.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

Thanks for the promt reply !!

My query is, i have not written any logic in ECC, is there any other way.

can we do the same in mapping or do we need any other tools to get the output.

Regards

Blue

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No , you can not, data coming in multiple messages , so in PI level you have to collect it , BPM is option.

if you collect data in ECC it self and send it to PI as one message ,in this case you dont reuiqred BPM.

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

checout below blog..decision is in your hands

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

thanks for your help!!

Solved the problem

closing the thread

Regards

Blue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

vuyyurujyothi
Participant
0 Kudos

Blue,

How do you collect idocs from Company A and Company B at the same time?

For particular Idoc how do you know that in which idoc data need to be searched?

You can use database to maintain values and you can search the tables using mapping...

Regards,

Jyothirmayi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi

thank you for the response!!

you mean, that i need to switch to JDBC to IDOC / IDOC to JDBC.

If i need to switch, then suggest which scenario would be preferable to get the output.

Regards

Blue