cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Record Flagged for deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am not sure if should raise this question in MM or PS area as error message is related to MM and occurring into PS area.

Issue Description In my company (building construction) we create Project/Network which would have hundreds of activities. Each network activity will have some component (materials). At component it contains info like Material number, Purchase Org, Vendor, Info record etc. Under clean up process info record is flagged for deletion because we donu2019t buy the component from that vendor any more then procurement dept flag that info record and create a new info record with the new vendor.

If we try to update any data through either CJ20N or CN22 it gives error message u201CInfo record flagged for deletionu201D , message number is CN 766 and it doesnu2019t allow to save the project or network as this message is set with category u201CErroru201D. This is quite annoying for the business users.

Requirement I want to know about u201CHow to make this error message informationalu201D??

My effort to find the solution  I tried to use transaction OBA5, OBMSG through which we can change the configuration so that message will be only informational, but the issue is that I couldnu2019t find the application area CN with Message number 766.

It would be a great help if any one of you could suggest me a possible solution for this issue.

Regards,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you said the info record is marked for deletion and you have created new info record. Can you not change the inforecord to the new in the project?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think till the time you are not going to close project you should not set deletation falg on Purchase Info Record, if it is permissible for business. As you may not be able to trun error message in to warning.

With Regards

Nitin P.