Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO Inspection

sandip_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a requirement for Sample Inspection. Our client has a process they first received the materials in other plant and then transfer some sample quantity of that Batch to a different Plant for quality inspection. Once that samples are approved in that plant then the batch will again transfer the remaining quantity to the plant where the samples are inspected. Thye are doing that due to storage space restriction.

Can any one help to do this scenario?

Regards

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandip_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain the requirement in detail.

A) First They will do the GR against PO in one plant in QI stock.

B) Then sample quantity will send to another plant via STO for quality inspection.

C) Sample quantity will b received in the other plant against STO in QI stock.

D) Meanwhile if the quality inspection will take long time they want to transfer the remaining quantity of the batch via STO from QI stock to QI stock of the other plant where the sample is under testing.

Now here my question is how can we transfet the material via STO from QI stock one plant to QI stock of other plant?

E) Now they want if the sample quantity of the batch is approved then after UD batch should released in both the plant (if still not transferred via STO).

OR

F) If the batch already received in the same plant under QI then bothe the inspection lot should get released by releasing the sample batch since both having same batch number.

Can you help me to set up this scenario?

Regards

Sandip

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep

1) Once you do the GR for the material in the first plant you can transfer the material to the another plant using 309 movement type. You have to active 08 inspection type for receiving plant

2) Once testing is done you can transfer the rest of the material using 309 itself. If for the second time you do not want QM then either you control using inspection control or using a different movement type (copy of 309)

3) Till the time the quantity is getting tested you can keep the batch in Restricted status

Regards

GN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider the plants as A & B.

A where batch is mfg & B where it is transfered for Inspection.

This scenario depends upon whether plant A & B are in the same company code or different.

if they are in same company code then its really easy to transfer batch through MB1B-->311

if they are in different company code then you have to raise the Stock transfer order from B & issue material from A.

Also make sure that you have activated 08 inspection type

Edited by: SujitSND on Oct 29, 2010 5:56 PM