Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP license audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We don't delete terminated users. We lock them, expire them, remove all roles, and assign them to a terminated user group. Is there a way to designate these users so we aren't charged a license?

Thanks,

JD

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theoretically you could change them to a service user or somethign other than dialog. Not sure, if that would be the right thing to do...

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is an option available to pre-select the expired users (can't recall exactly). You can have a look into the [User Classification documentation for Licensing|https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000646672007].

Regard,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

I have never had to deal with this side of security (I know that may sound strange but it's true!) but I find my new client's contract with SAP 'appears' to state that no more than X number of users can be in Prod or they incurr a surcharge.

I haven't seen this so I'm not sure it's correct but they meticulously delete all inactive UMR's

What I always thought was that the locked by administrator value was enough to exclude the locked users from the licence report?

Sorry for not really answering your question but we delete the user after X number of days locked and the restoration process - re-establishing user group, composite roles (when the SUIM reports for change doc fall over unfortunately), changing them back to the correct company in UMR and linking back to PA30 is a complete pain the the you know what. :-). I'm getting up to speed on this side as I have read various threads about keeping the ID, removing the roles, expiring the account and moving to an expired user group to save all of this.

May be changing to a non dialog user type is an option but it seems a little odd?

speeling mistakes edited..

ooh and the PID's - the PID's are a killer...

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Oct 28, 2010 9:13 PM

Edited by: David Berry on Oct 28, 2010 9:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon,

You can Change user VALID TO Date of the User Account to a past date and lock the user. This will make sure the user is not counted in Licensing USMM.

Regards,

Ajesh Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that your question is correct?

Total Questions: 7 (7 unresolved)

Same here...

Cheers,

Julius