Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRO calls SM30?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user who need SPRO access in production but when goes to Financial Account New/General Accounting New/Business Transactions/OPen Item Clearing/OPen Item Processing the systems wants him to have access to SM30.

We don't give that out in Production. Is there another way to display SPRO wihtout SM30.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

Refer to the below links:

The same required was discussed already in these threads.

Hope this helps!!

Warm Regards,

Raghu

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each node of SPRO represents a link to a transaction. So the transactions which are Maintenance View of a table will surely look for SM30 to run successfully. This is not a strange behavior. If you want to make this display specific then you need to make sure you are choosing the corresponding authorization values under Display only categories.

the systems wants him to have access to SM30.

We don't give that out in Production. Is there another way to display SPRO wihtout SM30.

By the way, It is also not recommended to give access to SPRO in production. Before you look for why SM30 is coming into picture, I think you need to remove SPRO from all user ids.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the moment when you would try to get SPRO removed from users in Production, they will counter back and ask for SPRO Display role...much has been said and discussed about it in this Forum or any other Security forum. Search for it and you will get all kinds of answers. Best of luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sensing that unless I can build a stand alone role and make it all display, that there is not a way to avoid access to SM30. Since my users already have roles the standalone would not work.

Maybe my question should have been about another way for the user to get the information he is looking for. They want to

view configs on Production system at times when there is a problem or after new config transport. They want to check if the config is successfully transported and correct.

Is there another way to do this validation other than by going through SPRO?

0 Kudos

> Is there another way to do this validation other than by going through SPRO?

There is a way to build some Roles with Custom Project IMG and assign them to the Roles Menu. If you search with term SPRO_ADMIN in this forum and [help.sap.com] you will find enough information on using this Tcode. For any confusion please let us know.

You may create one Display all Role with SPRO and also add the Called TCodes (check in SE97 for the list of called Tcodes by SPRO) in the same role. Then carefully maintain the Authorization Values for Display only.

Benefit of using SPRO_ADMIN is to create a SPRO all Display role without HR and BASIS nodes very easily.

Regards,

Dipanjan