Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on SCM 5.1 and ECC 6.0. Our scenario is as below:

We produce product at our factory, say the order qty is 3000. We run this in parallel on three machines on one order. At the moment we have one operation on the order. Ideally we want a setup as below:

Order qty 3000 KG

order is processed on three machines:

1. Operation 0010 -

1000KG

2. Operation 0020 -

1000Kg

3.Operation 0030 -

1000 kg

is there a way we can model in APO. We are using discrete manufacturing with production orders.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Take a look at Quota Arragement, there is an Heuristic to define the quantity of the order you want to produce for each resource assigned.

You can find something here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/45/417239b2b1ea20e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Also try the heuristic SAP_PP_Q001 /SAPAPO/HEU_PLAN_QUOTA for production planning.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the response, Correct me if i am wrong. For Quota arrangement heuristic i will require multiple SOS. Here we have just one PDS with the order qty to be manufactured parallel on 3 machines.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the No of individual cap defined in work center as 3. But this will also have one order and one operation with 1/3 rd of the machine time defined in routing to complete the order.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the response. At this stage we have modeled this as follows.

I have three operation in routing and PDS is with 3 operations. In ECC we have converted base qty (example: 3 kg=1kg) so the operation qty is split, about the duration we plan the manipulate the formula for the final operation so the final operation duration is sum of all the operations.

Regards,

Sandeep Mondkar