cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom sorting in Web Dynpro ALV columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to implement custom sorting on some of columns in Web Dynpro ABAP ALV.I searched in SDN forum,but couldn't find much useful information on this?are there any events through which we can achieve this?

is it technically feasible?

Any information on this will be great help.

Thanks,

Naidu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Its fairly unusual that peopel want to do custom sort within ALV. That is one of the values of the ALV is that complex, multi-column sorting is already buit in. Therefore there aren't extra events (as in the normal table UI element) for manually handling the sorting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response.Actually i want to display Price and currency values together in single column ,like 5000 USD.For this i have to use character field as i can't take currency field .If i take char field for price,sorting will based on character type rather than decimal type.Due to this,i want to implement custom sorting on that particular field.

Anyhow thanks for confirmaion.

Thanks,

Naidu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It really isn't recommended to place currency and currency code into the same column. Not only does this cause the sorting problem you found, but would also make total/sub total very difficult as well. I'm sure this also impacts export to Excel and Crystal Reports. There are some good reasons why we keep the two separate within standard SAP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Naidu