Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching the data source template info failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

We are on SAP NW IdM 7.1 SP 5

Getting the following error, Iin u201CTo Identity Storeu201D Pass while executing the u201CInsert template u2013 Data source templateu201D option on the Destination Tab.

u201CFetching the data source template info failed. Modify the database connection string or the SQL statement and try againu201D

SQL statement is perfect (Simple Select * statement from temporary table)

Checked with Basis people, connection also working fine and itu2019s correct.

Please give ideas/ solution to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Nagaraju Ravuri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are trying to do this, are you logged on to your IdM Server, or are you on another machine with an IdM MMC console connection? Your server will have the JDBC connectors and such set up properly, but your client machines may not (when jobs run, they run on the server, but using this option tries to open the connection on the client side).

I keep re-reading what I typed above and I still don't really like the wording of my explanation, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at... The Data Source / Data Destination Template options are just a bit picky. If you haven't tried it on the same machine your dispatchers are installed on, do that and see if it works. If it does, it's the console's JDBC connection settings. (Tools menu -> Options -> Java tab)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, SAP proposed solution.

The issue was because of "Path to java.exe:" maintained in the Tools->Options->Java was wrong.

Maintained the correct path to java.exe. Issue resolved.

Thank you very much mates for the solutions.

Best Regards,

Nagaraju Ravuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagaraju.

This is happening because you do not have a valid connection string to the identity store.

Couple of quick things to check:

1. Is there a NW IDM dispatcher running? You'll need this anyway and it will also confirm that the JDBC connection is good.

2. Otherwise check the ODBC RT connection string.

Hope this helps,

Matt