cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How does Auto syndication works in MDM 7.1?

I am importing 20000 records in to MDM.. I want to syndicate at the same time while file is importing with a file containing 1000 records.. Is it possible to syndicate simultaniously?

Eg: I have 20 files which consists of 20000 records.. while it is importing is it possible to syndicate records? I made the configuration to syndicate per file 1000 records.

Or I need to wait until all the files got imported then only MDM start syndicating 20 files at one go?

Please do let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

To Automize syndication process, open syndication map and set operator parameter for created or update date field for e.g. if you set Update Date Operator : rel= and Value : Today 0 Days in this case which ever records update today it will get syndicate automatically same way you can also set for particular field value updation

I have 20 files which consists of 20000 records.. while it is importing is it possible to syndicate records? I made the configuration to syndicate per file 1000 records. ????

No, it is not possible to syndicate records during importing because during importing of data MDM server will allow to perform any write operation

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Syndication can be done whenever any new records or chnaged records are available in repository. So MDM syndication does not wait till 20 files are imported. whenever first file is imported, it does the syndication.But it always depends on the

time interval of syndication which decides when to syndicate the files.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

Import performs write operation, while syndication performs read.

Write operation blocks repository for reading, for avoiding dirty reads.

Hence both import and syndication cannot happen at same time.