cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction and transport versioning and partner profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are refreshing a client in develpment from production and have a couple questions. In preparation, we copied the same client to a sandbox.

1. We are getting mixed answers on whether the versioning information for transports will be overwritten. I have looked at the logs, and do not see any references to the VSDX* tables, but some forum messages in SDN definitely state that versioning will be lost. Is there any official SAP document clarifying whether correction and transport versioning will lost or otherwise damaged by using TDMS?

2. We're also hearing that partner profiles (we20) could be overwritten / lost as a result of TDMS copies. I think partner profiles are client independent so I wouldn't have thought so, but would like to check what others have seen.

TIA,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I reviewed this thread which was illuminating.

Note 182172 lists the talbes pertinent to partner profiles and they are client dependent.

I compared record counts between systems and it appears that TDMS does indeed copy the tables listed in 182172 from the target to the source. We can export the tables, if necessary, prior to running TDMS. I am reviewing the options with the end users.

Best regards,

Russ Brooks

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We are refreshing a client in develpment from production and have a couple questions. In preparation, we copied the same client to a sandbox.=> Using TDMS???

1. We are getting mixed answers on whether the versioning information for transports will be overwritten. I have looked at the logs, and do not see any references to the VSDX* tables, but some forum messages in SDN definitely state that versioning will be lost. Is there any official SAP document clarifying whether correction and transport versioning will lost or otherwise damaged by using TDMS?

=>If you wnat to use TDMS for data transfer rather than using client copy , the transport versions will not be lost.

2. We're also hearing that partner profiles (we20) could be overwritten / lost as a result of TDMS copies. I think partner profiles are client independent so I wouldn't have thought so, but would like to check what others have seen.

=>Should not overwrite partner profiles , but not 100% sure , You can wait for other experts to respond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your second question, partner profiles are generally client independent. TDMS currently overwrites the partner profile data. The correction as I hear will be delivered as part of TDMS 4.0 (or as part of some service pack). You can probably re-import these data into the receiver system after the TDMS run.

@SAP - Please correct me if I am wrong.