cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration MAM -> 7.1: Client Display Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I thought having finished migrating MAM to MI 7.1: data synchronized with the MI Client, authorization checked, deployment of the software component done and the link to the archive appearing within the client. However, it does open Internet Explorer (? instead running the app within the client) and the web.xml /start page doesn't display anything (IE is automatically closed). I have follown the documentation and actually didn't do anything special with the archive except importing the MDO Model.

Could you please advice?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Ludovic Fernandez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not use 7.0/7.01 for MAM. What advantage are looking for by going with 7.1 which it was really not designed to run in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After additional checks, it looks like the Mobile Client is not compatible with JDK1.4 whereas MAM is not compatible with JDK1.5.

Did someone solve that issue? Is there an existing patch for MAM or a backward compatibility of the Mobile Client? Could I setup Tomcat to be 1.4 compatible? (the standard code of MAM does include a package named com.sap..enum.)

Regards,

Ludovic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludovic,

I´ve already migrated MAM from Mobile 7.0 to 7.1 and I didn´t have these kind of problems. Definitely you must use SAP Mobile Client 7.1 for LAPTOP with Java 1.5.

We have another problems regarding MAM running on SAP Mobile 7.1, but we can install, download MAM application and data on SAP Mobile 7.1 for LAPTOP and even on devices.

Summarizing, after migrating MAM on DOE, I imported MAM application and Data Objects on NWDS (check if your NWDS is set to use Java 1.5), so I exported the application and the further steps you might know...

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bruno: your message is encouraging but on my side, when changing the build path to 1.5, I cannot compile or generate an SDA after the import of MAM (version 3.0 SR04 with Digital Signature/ NWDS 7.1 CE SP10 /MI 7.1 SP9). This is due to a standard reference on a package com.sap..enum.. I have log an OSS to understand the situation. What's your own issue?

We do want to migrate to 7.1 first to maintain one Middleware and secondly to easily manage applications running on SmartPhones or Laptops ; accessing multiple business processes one the single device.

Kind Regards,

Ludovic