cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring user centrally from Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I would like to monitor the users on the satellite systems, centrally by means of Solution Manager.

I need a tool as a central ST03N.

Is it possible?

thanks.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

What exactly woud you like to monitor regarding the users?

There is no central transaction to check users, the same way as you check workload in ST03N.

However, there are several user related MTEs in RZ20. I would suggest that you check this transaction and review the existing MTEs, like for example System Configuration -> Named Users, Concurrent Users.

Once you have decided which alerts are interesdting for you, please setup System Monitoring in Soltuion Mananger and select those alerts in the session.

I hope this help,

kidn regards,

Marta

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me, Marta.

I try to explain better.

I need to check how many time the users logged in my systems (ECC, BI, SAP Portal).

Which are the users more active.

But I would like, if it is possible, to do this centrally, not in every system using ST03N or RSUSR200 report.

Now I think that I could use BI to make this: we think to create an extraction using the function module SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES mentioned in the weblog [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6102] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Do you agree with this?

Or have you a better suggestion?

Thanks.

Mario

Edited by: Ferruccio Galli on Oct 29, 2010 8:59 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Ferruccio,

I was thinking about System Performance Reports within IT Performance Reporting, but hefre you get the number of users logged on and the dialog response time for ABAP & Java instances, this does not match your requirements.

Nevertheless I attach here the main notes in case it is interesting for you in other occasion:

1223266 IT performance reporting in SAP Solution Manager

1331898 Configuring Java system for IT performance reports

1400814 Self checks for IT performance reporting

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/48/d1942603646c80e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Back to the questions posted here, I have checked the referenced post and think it is very good idea as there is no standard funtions that fulfill your requirements.

With the SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES you can definitely get the users and times, and extract them to BI.

Please note that you can create your own queries and display them in IT Performance Reportinng.

See "Display User Queries in IT Performance Reporting" -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/dc/12cf0680444ef6a143e00f178281dd/frameset.htm

Also you can report on this user defined queried within Service Level Reporting, see the chapter 2.3.2) Using user-defined queries in following note:

1233116 - BW connection for Service Level Reporting

Kind regards,

Marta

Answers (0)