Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Printing with Intermec Printer

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to print labels using Intermec Printer 3400e. Iam checking the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/aa/f09e387ce38d74e10000009b38f889/content.htm which is telling the steps that need to follow for Intermec. However, iam not getting any slightest idea on what does the Labelshop Pro design program is as explained in the link? Also, I didnt understand how to define R3 fields as deifned in second step.

Could anyone please help me in understanding?

Thanks & Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Labelshop software is desktop design tool that draws the form and assigns fieldnames to the objects in the form. The form is then converted to a file (.rtf?) that can be uploded into standard texts with SO10. That text is then copied into a SAPScript main window with "expand" checked. Thus, the main window now contains the fieldnames and the printer controls around each field and object. The manual provides information about precisely how to do all this.

You just add a section or element, like E LABEL at the top of MAIN. You then use a driver program that handles the SAPScript layout set, supplying the fields you have named in the design. If you've used form design tools like JetForms, etc., the concepts are fairly easy....the manual is small and will get you going quickly.

It's a fast, reliable way to get a working Intermec design and have SAPScript work correctly. I used the tool to create a lot of Intermec output designs for an Aero & Defense client, and I'd recommend this approach to anyone who doesn't think and speak Intermec's proprietary printer control language. The only changes I made was to convert the copy counter at the bottom of the generated MAIN layout from a fixed number (1) to a variable (fieldname).

Edited by: BreakPoint on Nov 24, 2010 4:33 PM

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. You have mentioned 'If you've used form design tools like JetForms, etc., the concepts are fairly easy....the manual is small and will get you going quickly.'

Does that mean it is not required to use only Labelshop Pro design program but we can go for other label design programs to print from Intermec?

Thanks & Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have saved the label in ITF format and uploaded the same in SO10 as standard text format and the converted format is as shown below..

/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)>R<(><<)>ETX<(>><)>
/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)><(><<)>ESC<(>><)>C<(><<)>SI<(>><)>W675<(><<)>SI
=	 	<(>><)>h<(><<)>SI<(>><)>I2<(><<)>ETX<(>><)>
/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)><(><<)>ESC<(>><)>P<(><<)>ETX<(>><)>
/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)>E3;F3<(><<)>ETX<(>><)>
/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)>H1;f3;o303,121;c28;b0;k12;d3,Customer <(><<)>ETX
=	 	<(>><)>
/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)>B2;f3;o236,96;c6;w3;h102;d3,LTAP_NLENR<(><<)>ETX
=	 	<(>><)>
/	 	<(><<)>STX<(>><)>H3;f3;o135,189;c28;b0;k12;d3,LTAP_NLENR<(><<)>ETX
=	 	<(>><)>

When we are using this text in my SAP script, the whole so10 converted text is coming in the output instead of the variable data(ltap-nlenr).

Am I missing any thing to mention either in script or standard text?

Thanks & Regards,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

The bar code printed on the label has an extra character '<' at the end. If possible can you please let me know what might be the reason for this. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bar code printed on the label has an extra character '<' at the end. Type is Code 128. If possible can you please let me know what might be the reason for this. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how you converted the .lab file to .rtf?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The main concern with label printers is they need a printer language which is not supported by the SAP system as per the

note below:

135894 - Label printing on thermal (transfer) printer

So Note 135894 and the following Notes describe a workaround:

183777 - Label printing with Intermec EasyCoder 4420

137069 - Label printing with Intermec EasyCoder 501 XP

All print data including all printer sequences are created by an external program and uploaded into the R/3 system. As per Note 183777 and 137069 this is done with Intermec's design program LabelShop PRO.

Regards.