cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Unit Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am facing some prblems in Mannual Packaging at the time Delivery. After the Transaction code VL01N when I am clicking for Packaging and then "Pack. Proposal", the system is giving error stating that "No packing instruction could be found for material 1482". In detailed screen it is telling "Diagnosis

The system could not find a packing instruction for material 1482.

Procedure

This problem can have various causes, such as:

o there is no packing instruction determination record for this material

o the wrong determination procedure was used to start packing instruction determination."

I have configured everything and in the Material master of Mat 1482 I have given Packaging type VERP and I have created packaging Material as CARTON.

Please help to resolve the issue. What is "Packing Instruction determination record" .

Thanks,

Jans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jans

Packing Instruction determination record is a master data (condition record) which specifies how automatic packing needs to be done. I think you tried to do automatic packing.

T code : POP1

Menu Path: Logistics / Central Functions / Handling Unit Management / Master Data / Packing Instructions/ Create.

Read more about it here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ed/a4877e701311d288db0000e8214d78/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandrasehkar,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you correct for Automatic HU this is needed but I was doing Manual HU. But it helped me and I have given you points.

This Thread is closed.

Jans

Answers (0)