cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Configure Proxy in SOAP Receiver"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can some one help in providing me the information regarding "Configuration of proxy in SOAP receiver adapter (PI 7.1).

Thanks ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use the XI protocol in the soap adapter instead of the Http protocol....

search SDN for more detailed info...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can some one help in providing me the information regarding "Configuration of proxy in SOAP receiver adapter (PI 7.1).

Which information do you need?

You only add the proxy host (server) and port number.

Ask your system admin for the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have my Proxy Values ,the Host and the Port ...even then i am facing some issues., I want to know are there any other details which needs to provided inorder to configure proxy ...(My receiver is a 3rd party Webservice outside the firewall.)

Do i need to check the conversion parameters.

Error:

SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: "*********************************". at System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.RouteRequest(SoapServerMessage message) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocol.SetContext(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:Stack />

Edited by: Madhusree Nagalla on Oct 28, 2010 3:28 PM

Edited by: Madhusree Nagalla on Oct 28, 2010 3:29 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error comes from web service, so you can be sure that your proxy settings are correct.

You have to apply the correct SOAPAction in the receiver adapter.

If you have a WSDL from web service provider, you find the value inside.

You find some useful information in this guide (which is valid for PI 7.0 and 7.1 also)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a22024...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusree,

error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: "*********************************". at

This is error with your SOAP Action in your WSDL, Please check your WSDL for SOAP Action.

It is not the error which are thinking, I suppose.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos
Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Check whether you have correctly specified the Target URL and SOAP action in receiver adapter. You can find the target URL at the tag soap:address and the SOAP action at the tag soap:operation in your WSDL file.

Regards,

TK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

But HTTP is at the transport level and SOAP 1.1 is a message protocol which as u said ,needs to be replaced by XI 3.0,

But then here i am not pinging the SAP system ..instead my scenario is to request for the deails to an external webservice outside the firewall ..in which we need to configure proxy settings..

Can u plz help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusree,

You might got confused with the PROXY term, in your case you are simply trying to connect to a Service Provider (Third Party) where there is a proxy server in between. You can implement what Stfen explained.

Other Proxy is ABAP/JAVA Proxies, communicating with SOAP Adapter/XI Adapter. You can communicate ABAP Pxory using SOAP Adapter from SAP PI 7.1 using XI as Message protocol as Rajesh Said.

Hope you understand.

Regards

Praveen K