SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment category not belong to installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am facing an error at the tim of full installation . when I assigning my device to the installation at that time system shows me the error that " equipment category belongs to M installation not allowed"

when I am creating device at that time my equipment category is M .

Regards

Khurram Siddique

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sid,

Configuration Missing:

Plant Maintenance->Master data in Plant Maintenance>Technical Object>Equipment>Equipment Usage Period>Define Installation at Functional Location

Please select the check box Installation at Func location for the Equipment Category.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sid,

I think you should select the Equipment Category 'I' for IS-U equipment when you create your devices. It should fix the problem.

Regards,

Eren

Former Member
0 Kudos

is category "M" an IS-U equipment category? check the config at the IMG

SAP Utilities > Device Management > Technology > Device > IS-U Equipment Category

if its not ... make it one and and create the equipment again using IQ01

it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sid,

Configuration Missing:

Plant Maintenance->Master data in Plant Maintenance>Technical Object>Equipment>Equipment Usage Period>Define Installation at Functional Location

Please select the check box Installation at Func location for the Equipment Category.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi