cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcode scaning data in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai all,

could any body help me how to store scaned barcode data from a reader in sap? IS their anypredefined scope/transaction for scanned data to store in application directly from reader/any device.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all,

i want to take a print from sap but in different language

example: i want to take a print from sap of report or purchase order or any thing that must be print in kandan language when we attempt to print.

Please let me know if it can be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about mobile printing or general SAP GUI based? Seems like a general ABAP question that you would have better luck getting a good answer to in the ABAP forum but if you have that language available in the system and your form/printout is setup for that language then there is no reason why you should not be able to fulfill your requirement.

anesh_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To get the scanned data on to the application use the below approach

Hi

Navigate to your view and make it editable

add barcode UI element and a text view UI element

In the view designer define a action ex: scan that take a parameter called scantext

In the context create a value attribute of type string

select your barcode ui element and assign the type property to intermic or symbol ( this barcode is supported to those manf)

assign your action ex: scan to the onRead event of the barcode reader

Map the context attribute to your text view Ui element

add the below source code in your view implementation

public void onActionScan(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, java.lang.String scantext )

{

//@@begin onActionScan(ServerEvent) wdThis.wdGetContext().currentContextElement().setData(scantext);

//@@end

public static void wdDoModifyView(IPrivateBarCodeTestView wdThis, IPrivateBarCodeTestView.IContextNode wdContext, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDView view, boolean firstTime)

{

//@@begin wdDoModifyView

if (firstTime) {

IWDBarCodeReader barCodeReader = (IWDBarCodeReader) view.getElement("BarCodeReader");

barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping ("data","scantext");

}

//@@end

}

Once you get the data in to your value attribute you might need to use a update or create process to transfer it into sap

let me know how it goes....