Did you mean: 

Zebra printer configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to configure zebra printer.

Application server OS: HP-UX

End user OS: Windows XP.

Now, what should i do to configure printer?

Where should i configure either in ApplicationServer or in end user system?

Can anybody please help me.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - duplicate post locked Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doesn't matter where you configure the printer, from the application server or the central instance, etc. The printer definition is valid for the entire SAP system.

The printer configuration needs to be done in SPAD. If you want to use the printer as a front-end printer then you need to have the printer configured on your windows machine (front-end machine), as then the SAP system is going to call the spooler of your windows machine. And you'll have to have printer defined in SPAD for frontend printing such as LOCL.

If you want to configure it as a local printer on your HP-UX server, you will have to define the printer queue on HP-UX & then define the printer in transaction SPAD accordingly, with the print queue name, etc

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibya,

I have done configuration in SPAD in windows machine with the following parameters.

Device type: LB_ZEB:Zebra IBM...

Access methods: F

host printer: __default (printer connected to this front end system)

But when trying to print it is saying that 'Printer doesn't exist'

Is there anything to do from server side?

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes of course you will have to ensure that the zebra printer is installed (the drivers. etc) on your windows machine as you are using frontend printing, it'll call your o/s spooler to print. Since, it is not configured at the o/s level (your windows machine) it cant print.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibya,

The printer was configured in OS level, i am able to print sucessfully from front end(from MS word).

Thaks & Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't post cross forums you have already posted the same issue

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it depends where exactly the printer is located...

1.) Is this printer directly accessible from enduser workstation? If yes - configure the printer locally and users can then use this for frontend printing:

Front-End Printing on Local Printers

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a4/c3eb3b19c10401e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

2.) In case that printer is accessible from server you can have multiple choices:

2a.) In case that printer is directly connected to server you can configure is to use local printing:

Local Printing (Access Methods C and L)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/26/ceea3b31aac554e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

2b.) In case that printer is connected to diferent machine you have again two options:

2b-1) Configure the printer for remote printing:

Remote Printing (Access Methods S and U)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c1/d4ea3bb5af9112e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

2b-2) On operating system level you can define local printing queue for remote printer (so that printer will be remote but to the applications it will appear as localy connected printer)

In this case you can use approach as describe in 2a) but prerequisite is that you have local printing queue defined for remote printing.

Methods described above can be combined - for example printer that is accesible from both user workstation and server can be dofined twice - once using frontend printing and then second time using local/remote printing.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.