cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC through web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am uploading a tab delimited file using file upload element in web dynpro. I am getting the data into an internal table.I have written the logic for filling bdcdata in to a seperate function module.I am passing the internal table to this function module.Inside this function module i have written call transaction .But when i am testing the application i am getting the error : Could not ascertain code page.Can somebody help me on this topic.

Thanks & Regards,

Gowri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using GUI_UPLOAD FM.....I am not using any standard FMs to get data into the internal table from file....also i am processing it in background mode....still it is giving me "Could not ascertain code page".

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI gowritd ,

Can u write the code of CALL TRANSACTION in the Function Module.Did u include Display Mode parameter as 'Background Processing' in CALL TRANSACTION statement ..?

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using FMs like GUI_UPLOAD, GUI_DOWNLOAD in your code? I think the problem is bacause of use of these FMs. GUI_* FMs can not be used in background. I think you need to use open/close dataset statements.

Regards,

Saket.