cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each batch of IDocs must create one file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to the PI. I am using PI 7.1. I am doing one scenario which is IDOC to file using FCC. I have devloped this interface. In Target side each idoc creats a unique file.

But my output file should be, Each batch of IDocs that PI processes must create one file. with date and time as part of the filename.

Could you please help me how to crete a file like this.

Thanks in well adwance.

Regards

Balu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are in PI7.1 EHP 1 than you can easily do this via IDOC packaging.

You have to create the sender IDOC channel and activate one check box of idoc packaging after that give the idoc size for example 10

your 10 idocs will be included in one file. You can see the initial documentation for iDOC packaging on web

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Yes I am using 7.1 EHP 1. I am reading on web. Look forward your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below blog for IDOC packaging:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

-Supriya.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since you are having PI 7.1, use IDoc packaging (/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above) and hence you will receive one payload with all the IDoc in it. The you can do a mapping to create a single file out of the Collected IDocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your replies. I am sorry to say this, The exact client requirement is:

I have an Idoc to file scenario. Target side I am using FCC. The issue is only on file name which is creats by PI on target system The file name should have name along with only date. The output file name should be same with date. All coming files should be appended in that file itself. For making an history, each day I should maintain one file (Name along with date), Coming all files should append in that file itself. I will have one file per day. If it already exists, it will be appended to. Please help me on this

Thanks in Well adwance.

Balagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balagi -

Create the file in "append" mode and use dynamic configuration to determine the file name (in <FileName>_<CurrentDate> format). You can find more info on dynamic configuration in the blog -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

Regards,

TK

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to develop mapping logic,

copy your source and target structures here, experts will help you.

Regards,

Raj