cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create adobe in background session

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

I need to know if is possible ti develop a web dynpro application to create an interactive forms in background and send it by mail, it's possible to do or is necessary the visualization of interactive form and then send it by mail?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is easy, steps:

1) create an interface, form and printing program

2) run the printing program and instead of displaying or printing the form use GETPDF = 'X' to get the data stream of the generated form

3) pass this data stream into BCS or where you want to have it and send it as an attachment.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think we can do this. every action type we will catch in some method in webdynpro. there u can write code like offline intractive form process. in offline intractive foem we r not visualizing. developing one report when executing program it self sending intracive form from back end. that code u write in one method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thank you so much, but may you describe how? and what is 'offline' session?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am not sure you want to know for WebDynpro Java or WebDynpro ABAP...

In WebDynpro Java it is deficately possible to create a form and send as a mail.

In WDJ we have IWDPDFDocumentHandler class by which we can create the form in background.. For that we need the first have the .xdp template of the form ready stored somewhere it can be in mimes folder of KM repository.. then using the class we can create the form and pass the binary stream of the .xdp file as a e-mail attachment using javax.mail class..

- Akshay