cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's date in PM order affect plan cost distributing budget

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a query about how the date (e.g. Bsc. Date, operation's Earl.start.Date, component's requirement date) in PM order have impact on plan cost should post to which year (budget).

For example, I have an order that is created on date 24/12/2009, and closed at 13/02/2010. This order has 2 operations as bellow,

OpAc work Earl.startDate

0010 1 D 24.12.2009 ; (labour cost $7.47)

=>component is 0010 813686 3pcs (cost $9.66, reservation requirement date = 24.12.2009)

0020 1 D 13.02.2010 ; (labour cost $7.47)

(initially is 24.12.2009, I change it to 13.02.2010, purpose is want this plan cost to be count in budget for year 2011)

=>component is 0020 401995 5kg (cost $28.50, reservation requirement date = 24.12.2009)

In CJ33, I found that plan cost (including labour cost and material cost) for opAc 0010 and plan cost (including mat.cost) for

opAc 0020 are falls into year 2010, but plan cost for labour cost for opAc 0020 is falls into year 2011.

Period Release Tran Current budget Distributed Distributabl Planned total

2010 100.00 ; MYR 100.00 ; 0.00 ; 100.00 ; 45.63

2011 100.00 ; MYR 100.00 ; 0.00 ; 100.00 ; 7.47

How to make plan cost for opAC falls into year 2011? and how the dates in order control which budget year the plan cost should go?

If you know, please just share with me.

Thanks in advance.

FLL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Generally activity dates (earlierst/ latest) dates affect the material requirement date as per scheduling (latest staging or other). So your plan cost will be directly linked to material requirement date which is then controlled by activity dates. However you can manually maintain the requirement date for material.

Also check what is your fiscal year variant ( Jan - Dec or July - June) which will affect the budgeting year.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen Raghavendra,

Thanks for your info.

I have checked my fiscal year variant, the setting is ok.

The material requirement date cannot be changed manually since it is automatic generated from PM oder. It is only changed when I change the order basic start date.

Since the plan cost will follow the mat. requirement date, if I want to change mat. requirement date, then I need to change order basic date in order to change it. But is there a way to change the mat. requirement date without changing order basic start date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phoebe,

Please check configuration on plant maintenance side - OPU7 - Set Scheduling Parameters / field 'Latest Dates f. material'.

Kind regards, Aleksandra

0 Kudos

HI Aleksandra,

I have tried to Set Scheduling Parameters / field 'Latest Dates f. material' in OPU7. and I tried to modify an old order's operation restriction date and check component mat. requirement date still remain the same (which is follow order basic start date). I guess perhaps is new setting does not affect old order, so i try to create a new order and change the operation restriction date again, but the mat. requirement date does not follow my lastest activity date (restriction date in Operation tab).

Or am I missing some configuration not yet done?

Regards,

FLL

HI Aleksandra,

The setting is working perfectly as I want when I checked the indicator 'Latest Dates f. material' with combination setting with the 'Adjust Scheduling' parameter to '2 Do not adjust basic dates, dep.reqmts to operation dates'.

Thanks again for everyone's contribution.

Best regards,

FLL

Edited by: FLL on Nov 3, 2010 10:01 AM

angela_flynn
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to do a similar thing I want to control the Material Requirement date on specific order types.  I do not want it to default to the Basic Start/Finish Dates.  We use blanket orders that span several years for operations and they put their material requirement on it so we need to specify the date when the materials are required.  I tried to use the OPU7 and I do not see the values you mention in your respose.  Is it possible to provide me with more info as to how you accomplished what you did or perhaps I am mis reading what you achieved. 

Answers (0)