SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EL 27 Correction of Implausible Meter Reads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to release impalusible Meter Readings via TCode EL27, by entering a Premise. Two things are happening:

1. Direct Release of MR occurs . (no idividual correction screen opens)

2. Individual Correction screen opens. (no direct release)

I debugged quite a few cases and have reached a few conclusions:

FOR INDIVIDUAL CORRECTION SCREEN TO OPEN:

Pre-requisite = Value of ORIGIN_ESTIM = 6

With this pre u2013 requisite, when there is 1 installation, with 1 register then in EL27, individual correction screen will open and MRu2019s can be edited.

FOR DIRECT RELEASE:

Apart from the above prerequisite & condition, FOR u201CANY OTHERu201D CONDITION, the correction screen will not open and MRu2019s cannot be edited.

Value of Origin_estim can be viewed on the individual correction screen "Execute Correct Implausible Meter Reading Results" screen; Forecast data tab--> Origin

Values of Origin:

1 - Past MR results

2 - Period Consumption

3 - Reference value

4 - Proration

5 - External Determination

6 - Estimation not Possible

Also, is this phenomenon of direct release/ correction screen display DEPENDENT on MR REASON???

Thanks in advance,

Prajakt Dhumal

Edited by: prajakt k dhumal on Oct 28, 2010 9:28 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It should be possible to get to the correction screen by selecting the line you want to correct an click on 'correct'...

You could skip this and release directly but there should be always an option to go into the correction screen as long as the meter reading is "still implausible".

Only time this happens is if the meter reading is automatically plausible e.g. if no extrapolation was possilbe. You should get a

message about this.

It will only enter the correction screen if there is an "invalid meter reading result". If it is valid now (without doing changes) there is no need for correction anymore therefore it is released immediately.

The correction screen is not build to handle more than one meter reading at a time. Hence there is no way you correct more than one meter reading at the same time i.e. count_eabl >= 2.

Hope this is helpful ...

Regards

Olivia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It should be possible to get to the correction screen by selecting the line you want to correct an click on 'correct'...

You could skip this and release directly but there should be always an option to go into the correction screen as long as the meter reading is "still implausible".

Only time this happens is if the meter reading is automatically plausible e.g. if no extrapolation was possilbe. You should get a

message about this.

It will only enter the correction screen if there is an "invalid meter reading result". If it is valid now (without doing changes) there is no need for correction anymore therefore it is released immediately.

The correction screen is not build to handle more than one meter reading at a time. Hence there is no way you correct more than one meter reading at the same time i.e. count_eabl >= 2.

Hope this is helpful ...

Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for your prompt reply. It cleared most of my doubts.

However, just one more question:

I observed that in EL31 for the Premises in question, the MRs that are Released Directly have Meter Reading Reason (RR Column) as 06 Move in meter reading.

And the premises for which the individual correction screen was opening had Read Reason as either 1 - Periodic Consumption or 3 - Final Meter Reading at Move out.

Is the direct release/ correction screen display dependent upon the Meter Reading Reason?

Thanks in advance,

Prajakt Dhumal.

0 Kudos

its not that for a particular meter reading reason ... the validation does not kick in ...

so whether its a move-out or disconnection or any other reason for which meter reading is entered ... the validations do kick in and corrections becomes a plausible scenario

you can try out the same by putting in a large meter reading for move-out ... where your validation doesn't allow such a large reading ... and you'd see that those readings would be automatically locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivia and mohtashim for your reply.

So

1. if MR Results entered are plausible, irrespective of MR Reason, they will be directly released...

2. if MR Results are implausible, irrespective of MR Reason, correction screen will display

3. You cannot correct implausible readings when COUNT_EABL (no of registers) is > 2

Also allow me to ask 2 more questions:

Q.1. What is meant by ''locked'' in your previous reply? and

Q.2. Where can I see in SPR what validations are in place for plausible/ implausible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prajakt,

Here is the IMG path to meter reading validations

SAP Utilities\Device Management\Meter Reading\Validations

When a meter reading is implausible (reading was outside the permitted low/hi thresholds) the order is considered locked. When the order is locked, processing of billing is stopped. Also, future meter reading orders will also be locked until the correction/release is made.

I hope this helps.

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivia and Michele