cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Functions and Risks in RAR 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I need to create a set of new functions and risks in RAR 5.3. What is the best way to do this?

I tried to export existing functions and modify what I thought were the relevant tables. Next I tried to import this into Rule Architect > Utilities > Import Rules. I got the confirmation the import uploaded successfully and a rule generation job started. The job took a while and when it comepleted I looked for the functions and they weren't there. What do you all advise?

Thanks,

Grace Rae

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would advice you stop messing with tables and use the standard functionality in Rule Architect

You know, you can go to "Function - Create" and start adding your transactions and modify the objects there. Then go create a risk and assign the relevant function. If you then generate the rules it'll al be there.

If you have to go with files (it's usually a huge hassle if you don't have a good reason to do that) start with the SAP delivered rule set and modify those files.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I thoughted they removed the rule upload functionality in RAR 5.3 but I found it in the config tab. I used this to do my uploads rather than the import function under the rule architect and it worked like a charm. The GUI is pretty time consuming and I found this easier. I appreciate the suggestion!

Thanks,

Grace Rae

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Frank is right. if few functions then better do with Rule Architect

else you must understand interdependency of various table

did you defined which Business Process thsoe function will belong to.......

check table

VIRSA_CC_BUSPRC

VIRSA_CC_BUSPRCT

VIRSA_CC_FUNC

VIRSA_CC_FUNCT

virsa_cc_func*

functions and the object they pulled and actions , all these interrelations should be taken care of.....

better refer to default rule sets send by SAP, that's the way you have to create.....

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

As advised by Frank, it is not recommended to play with the existing functions/risks. Especially don't make any changes at the table level, which may cause lot of instabilities.

You can create SOD/Action/Permission functions and tag them to the risk(s). This way it will be very easy for you and the auditors to manage/validate any custom functions/risks.

Use Rule Architect tab options to create functions, and risks.

Hope this helps!!

Rgds,

Raghu