cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP service sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

<<Text removed>> I have a requirement where we need to receive parts from customer which we already shipped them before but should not cosider as return or buying them back, and these parts actually belong to that customer. we need to manually receive them into SAP and store them in a partilcuar location and certain test services are performed on them. After service is performed we need to ship those parts to same customer. We need to charge only service charge on those parts but not actual part charge. Please let me know how to handle service sales order in SAP in this scenario. Can we use consignment in this scenario

THanks <<text removed>>

From

Neha

Edited by: Matt on Oct 28, 2010 9:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neha

As suugested material type of the material can be taken as UNBW( Non valuated). Do the GR ( MIGO) , no accounting will be created and quantity updation will happen. You can create separate storage for the same. Then for sales cycle do the normal sales process. In item category determination take item category which is delivery relevant.

I hope this clears

Shuktiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Thank you for message. i am able to create Non valuated material and able to receive into seperate storage location. I am struck at sales process..i need to charge sharp only for services and not part. so do i need to create new sales document type, if yes it should be similar to standard order? what item category i need to use ?

Thank you

Mamatha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be using additional document type and service pricing procedure for service scenarios. If you are not using any then you will have to create new document type. And you will have to determine service pricing in OVKK. ERL account key is assigned to base price condition in service pricing. This is nothing but service charges. In VKOA, service account will be assigned to this key. SO you will charge only for services..

Thanks

Shuktiz roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neha

Since this is customer owned stock and you want to track the inventory also, so you should create these material as non valuated, take the GR in blocked stock( Or some separate storage location), it will not impact your inventory account. Then do the normal practice, Instead of normal order based billing in service scenarios, you can go for delivery based billing. After delivery quantity will be dispatched but accounting will not impact your inventory account. Use normal pricing procedure of service sales.

Thanks

Shuktiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for message can you please give me system wise how to handle this?

Thank you

Neha

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is more of like a JOB WORK scenario, where you are taking the customer material and then giveing your services and returning the same to the customer.

You have to create the material as a NON -Valuated material. Then you can create a sales order for this material, logically since you are giving the same material to the customer delivery will be required to be created into the system. So you can use the scenario SERVICE WITH DELIVERY.

Take the GR Of the material against the sales order. this will help you keep a track of the material received against the sales order.

Regards

Rishi