cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Private and Public folder in SAP EASY DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to SAP easy DMS, Kindly guide me how to create PRIVATE and PUBLIC folder in sap easy DMS.

What is the difference between Private and Public folder in SAP EASY DMS.

2) Is it any way possible that I can stop renaming the FOLDER NAME.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it did help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

easydms will ask user to created private anf public folder for the first time during logon if they do not already exist.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anubhav

Thanks for the reply . I already have folder structure in place and it is a public folder under which I have my folder and documents.

Now if I want to create a private folder how do I go about it .

Reagrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

h

if easydms is not asking for creation of private folder, in this case u can create a folder and use the SAP User as document number..this is how easyDMS recognizes the private folder of a user.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anubhav,

Structure at my end is

Have a public folder and inside teh folder have so many other folder, My requirement is that want to create a private folder under public folder where in only specif logon can see them .. Kindly guide how to go about it .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the default structure for easydms is - private folder, public folder and search result when the used does the first logon..you can not have private folder inside a public folder..however if you want to restrict access to the folders inside public folders, you can use authorizations (set it to none for the particualr users so that they cant see it).

rgds

anubhav