cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't map the value and can't unmap the field mapping in MDM Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I have serious problem during mapping in MDM Import Manager.

I'd like to create compound field by mapping displayed fields in lookup table (Issue storage locations) of destination side.

In the source side, there are numbers of 'plant' field cloned from original plant to map the other displayed fields in lookup table.

One of destination lookup table is composed of two display fields as below.

1.Plant - 'Plant' table lookup field,

2.Storage Location - text field

I can map two fields (from 'cloned Plant' & 'Issue Storage Location' to 'plant' & 'Storage Location' field in destination lookup table) ,but I can't map the value of plant, because the button in the value mapping area was not activated. (Plant table contains possible data already).

And the more serious is that I can't even unmap the field mapping between source and destination fields.

When I tried once again, I got a same result.

How can I solve this problem.

I look forward to your solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

If you have multiple display fields in a lookup table then there is an extra step you need to perform in the Import Manager:

Once you have mapped to both of the destination display fields, right click on a field in the "Source Hierarchy" list and choose "Create Compound Field" -> (in this scenario it will be your "Issue storage locations" object.)

Once you have created the compound field, the Import Manager will create a new field named "Issue storage locations" and map it to the lookup table. You can then perform value mapping on this new compound field.

If the object for which you want to create a compound field is disabled (greyed out) then you have not mapped to all of its display fields.

HTH,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind reply.

The problem was solved

Best Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Make sure that your plant field (for which value mapping button is deactivated) is not selected in Record Matching criteria.