cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Production Data Structures (PDS) Valid To Date Correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have an issue on the APO PDS "Valid To" Date inconsistensy. I will explain the issue by taking the example as below:

Example:

1. On 1/10/2010, there is Production Version 0000 ("Valid From" Dated 1/10/2010 and "Valid To" dated 31/12/9999) created for Material A in SAP ECC. This Production Version is transfered over to APO as PDS Version 0000 with "Valid From" Dated 1/10/2010 and "Valid To" dated 31/12/9999.

2. On 15/10/2010, there is Production Version 0001 ("Valid From" Dated 15/10/2010 and "Valid To" dated 31/12/9999) created for Material A in SAP ECC and the Production Version 0000 "Valid To" date changed to 15/10/2010. The new Production Version 0001 is transfered over to APO as PDS Version 0001 with "Valid From" Dated 15/10/2010 and "Valid To" dated 31/12/9999.

3. But, no PDS change transfer being done for Production Version 0000 for Material A on 15/10/2010. So, the "Valid To" date for PDS Version 0000 in APO still remain at 31/12/9999. Therefore, when the system generate the planned order, it will always take the PDS version 0000 but when the planned order being converted to Production Order and send over to ECC, the system will return an error because the Production Version 0000 no longer valid in ECC.

4. If I try to re-transfer the PDS Changes for PDS Version 0000 later than 15/10/2010, the system will not transfer it because the Production Version 0000 already being locked in ECC.

Question:

1. Is there any way to update back the "Valid To" date to 15/10/2010 for PDS version 0000 in APO?

2. If there is no way to correct back the "Valid To" date for PDS version 0000, what can I do so that the system will always pick the latest PDS version when doing planning?

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the report /SAPAPO/CURTO_ORDER_EXPLODE to carry out a simple or more detailed comparison

and to retransfer master data:.

With simple comparison, you can check whether R/3 master data or changes to it have already been

transferred to SAP APO, on the basis of the date of the last change to the BOM, routing, master recipe

and production version.

The comparison only takes into account the date on which this R/3 master data was last changed. The

date of the last change in SAP R/3 is compared with the time at which the PP/DS production data

structure was generated in SAP APO.

You can carry out an automatic retransfer of the PDS from SAP R/3 to SAP APO for deviating master

data in the background.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

I have tried to run the comparison using report /SAPAPO/CURTO_ORDER_EXPLODE, but this report only can compare those PDS that still valid/active. So, I couldn't correct those obsolete PDS using this report.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PDS Changes are not reflected in APO via CIF. Try using CURTO_CREATE transaction in SCM to reflect the changes. Try running your master data integration model with initial transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I tried all your suggestion before, but it doesn't work.

Anyway, thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be that before your change, there are alreay orders for PDS 0000 far into the future (after the new valid to date of 10/15) preventing your change from interfacing to APO due to the conflict with existing orders. It is always good practice to do the following:

Before you create a new PDS with a new validity date effective, make sure you have a planning run in APO first for it to capture the end date of your old PDS. This ensures that all orders that will be after your new valid to date will be deleted in APO automatically.

. Fro example, what I would have done to prevent that issue is:

step 1: On Oct. 10 I create new PDS 0001 with valid from date of Oct 15. I set PDS 0000 valid to date Oct 15. Run CUSLNTRTO_CIF_REPORT report to make sure PDS changes are interfaced to APO.

step 2: Run heuristics in APO BEFORE the new validity dates take place (so this must be before Oct. 15)

To resolve your problem Try to Delete all production orders in all products using both PDS using report /SAPAPO/DELPPORDER* in APO

Execute report CUSLNTRTO_CIF_REPORT in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Edgar,

Thanks for the info on the preventive actions.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please consider the following option to influence the PDS transfer...

1)Check BADI in SAP Note No. 1464564 to influence the filter data for obsolete PDS.

2) Transaction PDS_MAINT to set the procurement priority so that the desired PDS is

picked up in planning.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I will try to explore SAP Note suggested by you.

By the way, I couldn't find the transaction PDS_MAINT as per suggested by you. Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hooi Chia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transactoin PDS_MAINT on ECC side.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I have implemented the SAP Note but the system still failed to transfer the changes of the obsolete PDS from ECC to APO.

I tried to transfer using CURTO_CREATE, the system return message "No production versions found for the selection criteria". So, seems like the system cannot transfer those obsolete PDS although the SAP Note been implemented.

I tried to run report "/SAPAPO/CURTO_ORDER_EXPLODE" in APO to compare the variance of PDS between ECC and APO, the system return message "No comparison for product xxxx location xxxx production version 0000: Product not in Active Integration Model". So, I cannot correct the data via this report too.

Is there any step that I missed out?

Please advise.

Regards,

Hooi Chia