Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Time Relationships

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ,

The system considers time relationships between activities from different orders

How i can Create this time Relationships ?

Regards

Rami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create time relationship between activities of different orders if there is pegging relationship between these orders.

Try using resource buffer from resource master. Also during scheduling scheduling strategy you have to consider pegging and rtime buffers. It will be considered only during scheduling and not during planning.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try with Time Buffer , and not working , if you want to protect an activity or the primary resource, on which the activity is processed, from unforeseen delays in material staging, you can schedule using a resource-specific time buffer

Please I need to Create Cross-order relationships ? to consider dependent operation during scheduling

Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand from cross order relatioship is

Product A is finshed product manufactured from input product B.

Now you want to have time relationship between planned order of A and Planned order of B. May be you will like to have product B X hours earlier than the start date of product A.

If above is requirement there are two options-:

1.Bom of produt A will have product B as input component. In component details mention operation lead time offset= -X hours if you want component early and +X if you want compont after X hours from start date of order A. This gets transfered in offset consumption feild in PPM/PDS.

While planning dependent requirements are shifted by duration mentioned

But most of times this time is considered while scheduling.

2. You can use resource buffer by mentioning X hours as resource buffer in resource master of resource on which product A is processed. This is not considered while planning but considered during scheduling. Resource before can be used for both within order relationship or accross two bom levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One correction lead time operation offset/offset consumption is not considered while scheduling it is considered only while planning.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I really appreciate your help

But Thsi Product B has it's own PPM , How i link between two different activity in different PPM Model

There Cross Relationships and you must consider it in strategy profile , but i don't know to be defined

Thanks & Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

Cross order/PPM/PDS relationship is not supported by APO.

Plz refer the Note of do's and donts' of cifing PPM/PDS to APO system.

Though there is a provision provided in master recipe (ECC system) in the activity relationship to maintain relationships between operations of diffrent MR's, the same cannot be cifed to APO system atall.

Regards

Sravan maturu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

cross order activity relationships cannot be created in by a standard UI in APO PP/DS except for subcontracting orders.

You have to create the relationships by a custom development.

read note 601990 for further information.

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank ,

Thanks for your Response

In this case how i Make this senario applicable

Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding a question to your original question...

How can one model a limitation in the time between two different orders? Is it possible to avoid shelf life??

regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way to maintain gap between orders is with setup times.

Shelf lime planning is driven by batch management. If u donot want to use shelflife management then

a. do not activate batch management in ECC system or

b. maintain batch management in ECC and do not cif the charectristics to APO so that shelf life planing will not happen.

Regards

Sravan maturu

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sravan,

Here is the case :

Product A Finished Product Location 1000

Product B Assemply (Input of Product A) location 1100 with Valid PPM

i just need to Reschedule product B as dependent operation based on Reschedule of Product A .

The system considers time relationships between activities from different orders.

Please also tell what's the Note Number

Please I need Your advise

Regards