cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install local portal instance on Windows XP 32 bit machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of an organizational wide hardware refresh program, I now have a new laptop on which I need to reinstall my local portal instance. I have tried both the NW 7.0 SR3 installation master and EHP1 SR1 installation master, and neither allow me to install a new system.

I understand why SAP does not recommend installation on a 32-bit Windows XP machine, but I have been successfully running for several years and have applied service packs all the way up to 7.01 EHP1 SR3 without issue. As a developer, it is crucial that I have an environment I can deploy to without impact to other developers in our test environment.

My question is this - how can I workaround this installation restriction? Alternatively, how far back do I have to go with NetWeaver 2004s to get an installer, and does anyone know where I can find it? If I have to, I'll go back as far as necessary and work myself forward again with service packs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

As far as I remember you'll need to get your hands on a NW 7.0 SR2 installation master in order to be able to install the portal in a 32bit environment. After that you are just going to have to patch it.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions - it was certainly fun to explore keydb.xml and control.xml, but ultimately I am afraid it comes down to trying to find Netweaver 7.0 SR2 installation master from somewhere. Our Basis team has no idea how to obtain the software.

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you try it - where exactly it is stopping you during the installation. Maybe keydb.xml or control.xml files can be adjusted to manually "extend" support of your system.

Note: As this is not supported combination and editing xml files is not supported operation - the result might not be functional or raising a lot of errors - but it might save you a lot of time updating old version of NW.

Best regards.