cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No permission to view the System Landscape Directory

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the SDL for netweaver 2004S but when I login to the SDL website with J2EE_ADMIN user I get the error: "You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory. Minimum required: UME role with permission com.sap.lcr.LcrUser and J2EE role LcrUser. See the SLD Post-Installation Guide for details"

So my j2ee_admin user has the roles SAP_J2EE_ADMIN and SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR from the abap side. And I want to create the role "LcrAdministrator" in the J2EE useradmin but when I trie to associate the role with the corresponding UME action com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator I just can't find this "com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator" in the available services so I can't associate it !

Thx

Bart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

If you check the section 2.2 of Post Installation Guide for SLD this issue will become clear to you. Please check page 9 onwards. LcrAdministrator sould have all administrative tasks and in nutsahell should include all other roles. So just include all other roles and SAP will take care itself. I have checked in my Netwaver 2004s and I also could not find UME action com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator. But my SLD is working fine. I guess it like assigning SAP_ALL to users in ABAP engine but still you will be controlling the access to the users.

However you can also go for a tighter approach and restrict authorizations to the user J2EE_ADMIN. This would be infact even better than first approach however the ultimate decision lies with you.

Please award points if you found the answer useful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I login in in NW04 with Administrator and the default password.

Did you try login as Administrator and defalut password abcd1234 ?

The way I tried to setup permissions in NW04 is by going into the visual administrator and setting the permissions manually.

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to login with the Administrator and the default password, but without success. It works with the j2ee_admin user but not when I loggin to the SLD website. then I get the auth. problem I allready mentionned above. How do you set permissions manually in the Visual Administrator ?

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

exactly the same problem. If you solved it, please write it down here.

If you have a dual stack installation (Java + ABAP) then your admin name is J2EE_ADMIN instead of Administrator. That is the default.

BR,

Miklos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have found the solution for this problem. You should assign the action LcrAdministrator to the role Administrator on the J2EE side. (In my case I have a dual stack installation for Solution Manager 4.0.)

Regards,

Miklos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am also having the same problem. But i didnt find any role LcrAdministrator to assign it to my administrator user. Please tell me the path how to get this can you please tell me

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Me as well.. Where can I activate the necessary roles to assign them to my Administrator? I tried the CIM in the Visual Administrator, but it doesn't work...

Greez

Tolga

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have the same issue.

I didn't see any UME actions with Lcr.

Please tell me if you know the solution.

This issue is on our central SLD and its on j2ee addin of ECC 5.0.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two different solutions to this. Meaning 1 correct solution for each type (Java only or Java Add-in).

for a Java only stack running an SLD: Open the user administration and create a role lcrAdministrator with the action lcrAdministrator and assign it to your Administrator group.

for a Java Add-in however I'm not entirely sure but I think at first you should create a SLDAdmin group in the /useradmin of the Java part. Then open the Visual Admin Tool and goto:

Cluster --> Server X --> Security Provider.

Then select the component "sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld". Open the tab "Security Roles" and switch to edit mode. Select lcrAdministrator and then select the "Security Roles" radio button. Now add it to your newly created SLDAdmin group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Infact we have another SLD system. which runs om a j2ee addin to an abap system.

There it has.

Also one of our XI system,which is an SLD and it has all the LCR actions.

Here i am specifying about actions missing.

I cannot create those SLD roles since the actions are not available.

Is it something to do with j2ee patch?

Because our SLD j2ee stack level is 9(640 release), whereas the latest level is 19.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know the last time I installed an SLD on a 6.40 Add-in I used the Visual Administrator as I described in my second part of my above post.

Seeing how you talk about missing actions i'm gonna assume you tried the first solution in my above post and the SLD 6.40 you're talking about in your last line is a Java only machine. Yes this could be due to version difference. The Java only solution posted above was done on 7.00 (2004s).

I suggest you try the Visual Administrator way of adding the roles available there to an admin group.