cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping 100% of Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

We have an issue where SD is shipping materials even when the materials are not 100% in stock. For example I enter an order for 100 units, SD will give me an availability date of say next day. When next day arrives and I need to do the delivery and there is not sufficient stock SD will deliver whatever stock is available in this case if there is only 50 units available it will ship 50 units. This is could be SAP standard process, but in our business model this will nto work because we use a 3rd party system to create shipping so we only use SAP SD to account for shipments, however if stock is not updated properly in SAP then we have a discrepancy.

I already created an incomplete procedure but this only works when the delivery is at zero, I need to look for a solution where it also works for partial deliveries, where SAP only creates the delivery for the total amount of sales order, but cannot pick it this will prevent from GI and bill it at incorrect qty in FI.

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this challenge, will deactivating the Availability date for the delivery item category work?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear frank,

this is to inform you that let me divide your question into three parts for better understanding.

(1). We have an issue where SD is shipping materials even when the materials are not 100% in stock. For example I enter an order for 100 units, SD will give me an availability date of say next day. When next day arrives and I need to do the delivery and there is not sufficient stock SD will deliver whatever stock is available in this case if there is only 50 units available it will ship 50 units. This is could be SAP standard process.

(a). upto the above its a standard process.if third party is not in picture.

(2). but in our business model this will nto work because we use a 3rd party system to create shipping so we only use SAP SD to account for shipments, however if stock is not updated properly in SAP then we have a discrepancy.

(a). in 3rd party sales stock reconcialition doesn't happen in our plant because we are not the deliverer of the goods its vendor who delivers the goods and ATP also doesn't take place for third party materials in the STD SAP system in 3rd party sales & please correct me if i am wrong. or you might be using IPO Process in here.

(3). I already created an incomplete procedure but this only works when the delivery is at zero, I need to look for a solution where it also works for partial deliveries, where SAP only creates the delivery for the total amount of sales order, but cannot pick it this will prevent from GI and bill it at incorrect qty in FI.

if this is your problem then catch the delivery indicator in schedule lines or catch the delivery where it will be mentioning B but not C. please compare order quanitity in the sales order with delivery quantity either its B or C in that sales order only then

if it is B then it has stop processing further

Program Name: MV45AFZZ. for user exit ask abaper.

note this will trigger while saving the document but not instantly.

hope this sufficient information for you.

regards,

balajia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I also got a bit lost but it seems as though the problem really is the fact that "PARTIAL" deliveries ar being allowed, i.e. order for 100 ea only 50 ea in stock so the delivery is created for 50 ea.

If this is the case, then perhaps you should consider changing the customer master so that no partial deliveries are accepted (Sales Area -> Shipping tab).

Try this in a test or QA to ensure it is what you need.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank

Lost you towards the end as to what your requirement/issue is:

But let me phrase it in my words: You want complete delivery of a sales order and you don't want partial picking/GI of a delivery if stock does not exist. Am I right? Please clarify.

Normally if the picking status is partially picked, it should not allow GI and I wonder how your system is set up. Here is how I would work on this:

1) I would start with customer master where I would enter C-Only complete delivery allowed in the field ' Partial delivery per item' in the shipping tab.

2) Then I would enter a requirement in the IMG activity 'Define Picking Requirements'- T code OVB6. I would examine the standard requirements and enter one of them or a custom one to the effect that Partial Picking and/or Partial GI is not allowed.

3) If the above 2 did not work, then I would enter a custom BADI for posting Goods Issues in this IMG location:

SPRO/IMG/Logistics Execution/Shipping/System Modifications/Business Add-Ins in Shipping/Business Add-In for Posting Goods Movements

Does that work? Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for your response it did work but it gives me a warning message VL049, this can be bypass by just hitting enter. I tried making this message a hard stop thru OVM1 bu it this message doe snot exist here. Is there a way I can make this message a hard stop?

Edited by: Frank on Nov 12, 2010 8:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank

Try and see if you can add a new entry for VL049 as an error.

For example, OSS note 1463938 talks about maintaining 'VL 173' as an Error message and I don't also see it in OVM1. So I am guessing you can add new entries.

If not work with your ABAPer to create a custom message Z049 and make it an error.