SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPEM configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPEM requires a specific BP for each error message i.e. massage EL 43 belongs to EMR00009. I have 130 error messages and I need to assign them to specific BP.

Does anybody know the table or a process how can I check which error message should be assigned to which BP.

Thanks,

Tomasz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Go to transaction EMMACCAT2 and select the clarification case category that you have defined for these 130 error messages. If you haven't defined a clarification case yet do it in EMMACCAT1.

Once you have defined your clarification case category, in tab "Messages" you can specify as many messages as you wish providing the message class and message number along with other information.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try the following assuming you have a case categroy defined.

- Get the case category from table EMMAC_CCAT_MSG based on the message number and class

- Get the business process from EMMAC_CCAT_HDR table

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for, but thought this would be helpful for you.

Best,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Go to transaction EMMACCAT2 and select the clarification case category that you have defined for these 130 error messages. If you haven't defined a clarification case yet do it in EMMACCAT1.

Once you have defined your clarification case category, in tab "Messages" you can specify as many messages as you wish providing the message class and message number along with other information.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main question would be, how did you get to the list of 130 messages, because some messages can be used in both standard SAP and custom made programs.

Easiest would be if you could find out which transactions results in the message. For example in transaction EMMA you could use shift-f1 to search for messages in formerly prepared application logs. With this information you can easily decide which business process belongs to the message you want to use BPEM for (example table EMMA_tcode).

Hopes this help you out.

Kind regards,

Alex

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tomasz:

I am not sure what you are looking for here, but the business process code and business process area are mostly useful for differentiating between messages and cases. You can choose to align and assign them as you wish. The useful part is the bp code is the main object and the analysis. For the most part you should not need to define new ones, but choose to assign case categories to bp codes which use the same main object.

A message itself is only assigned to a main object - which is based upon the variables which it uses in building the message. The case category using a message type could have a bp code which uses same or different object, but is based upon the process that generated the message, e.g. EIN00001 for a message generated during invoicing but not for one generated during meter reading.

regards,

bill.