cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

What is the best and fastest way to copy all the IR and ID and SLD objects to a new system ? We are trying to create a training system and we want to have all the content from quality system in it.

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

One easy way is to create .TPZ files for each Software components via Export and import the .TPZ file in your target system,

another is you can use CTS to transport IR, ID objects.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Shradha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your replies. I am leaning towards doing the CTS way just to be safe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

CTS is the preferable transport proceedure. From SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP 12 the Change and Transport System (CTS) learned to transport Non-ABAP content also, and is therefore often referred to as "CTS+". It is now the preferable transport mechanism for many types of SAP content and further on SAP will add support for new applications.

As of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP 14 SLD content is also integrated with CTS+. Things run in a more controlled way when using this transport landscape:

Exported file(s) is (are) directly attached to a transport request

Transport routes clearly define source and target systems

Logs clearly show the state of each request for developers and administrators

Imports are shown in the CTS+ system with all other requests

Imports can be triggered, scheduled, and monitored centrally

Refer the below Blog:

/people/wolf.hengevoss/blog/2009/06/25/better-manage-sld-exports-and-imports-using-cts

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fasteset way is always risky!!!

U can use file transport mechanish, .tpz file cretaion, and correspondingly export and import in next system.

But u cannot track the errors because no log is generated.

CTS+ is the best option, as it is reliable.

Since it is for training i think u can try with .tpz file creation

Babu