cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO with two sender communication channels

0 Kudos

Hello,

In PI 7.1, when defining a EOIO channel, you get to choose the queue which needs to be used. Now, if I set up two communication channels, both sender channels and both using the same queue, is EOIO now guaranteed regardless of which channel receives the messages?

My understanding is:

- Channel A receives message X and puts it on queue MY_EOIO_QUEUE.

- Channel A receives message Y and puts it on queue MY_EOIO_QUEUE.

- Channel B receives message Z and puts it on queue MY_EOIO_QUEUE.

In this case, message X gets processed before Y and Y gets processed before Z? And if message Y fails, message Z will hold, sinds its on the same queue?

This would be a great feature, which we very much need on our project. I'd be very interested to hear if above scenario is indeed how SAP intended its use and also, if anyone has experience doing this (either negative or positive).

Regards, Walter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Even though the queue is same, the message processed would be in serialized order.

So, if any of the message is stuck in the queue to any issue, the next messages will be in holding status. Your understanding about the EOIO is exactly correct.

Even, I have a scenario developed in the same fashion which is working absolutely fine. This is a great feature provided by SAP.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help. We are definitely going to use this solution in our project, it will implement a lot of the customers needs.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My understanding is:

> - Channel A receives message X and puts it on queue MY_EOIO_QUEUE.

> - Channel A receives message Y and puts it on queue MY_EOIO_QUEUE.

> - Channel B receives message Z and puts it on queue MY_EOIO_QUEUE.

>

> In this case, message X gets processed before Y and Y gets processed before Z? And if message Y fails, message Z will hold, sinds its on the same queue?

Yes. When the queue name is the same and the messages go to the same receiver, it is garantueed that the order is kept, when receiver adapter supports it.