Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Issue - Continue or logoff other sessions popup without reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When the user log in he always gets the message "Continue with this logon and end any other logons in the system"

Even if the user is not having any other sessions active.

I have checked in SM04 there are no others sessions active.

Can you please suggest what can be done regarding this issue.

Regards,

Srujan Reddy

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 27, 2010 10:02 PM

Subject title made more meaningfull...

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using GuiXT at all please? Just a guess that it may be running an initial logon without password needed and then opens a second logon?

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

> Are you using GuiXT at all please? Just a guess that it may be running an initial logon without password needed and then opens a second logon?

Hi David,

GUIXt doesn't store session information.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

What should be done if the GuiXT is active.

Am not familiar about the GuiXT concept.

Regards,

Srujan Reddy

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you miss the First Day's Class of Basic trainings on SAP. Please attend the SAP training courses SAPTEC and SAP01.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are wrong, but lets wait and see...

What is going on in SM50 and in SM04 (on other app servers!! --> check AL08)?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan

I don't think this was a basic question from the OP!

It has me stumped to be honest and I threw the guilt edit guixt edit (thanks iPhone) thing in as I worked with someone who tried to get this in my previous client's system. I saw it being used to login on without password. I wait with interest to see the solution

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Oct 27, 2010 8:53 PM

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I think you are wrong, but lets wait and see...

>

quote}

Where?

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi Dipanjan

>

> I don't think this was a basic question from the OP!

Hi David,

It happens only when an user gets looged off from the presentation layer without a reset in the Lock Table in Main Memory. In layman language the user is holding a lock entry by an Enqueue Work process in Central Lock Table where as the Dispatcher and GUI connection has got reset.

This is clearly explained in the SAPTEC course as I mentioned.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan

My phone can't do the quote bit! But "in layman terms"

You lost me

Anyhoo, I am hoping the user is just logging on in the morning, cup of coffee and bacon butty at the ready and gets the message!

If they are constantly getting the message during the day and they swear they haven't been bombed out of SAP then what would cause that?

Watches with interest!

David

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Dipanjan

>

> My phone can't do the quote bit! But "in layman terms"

>

> You lost me

>

> Anyhoo, I am hoping the user is just logging on in the morning, cup of coffee and bacon butty at the ready and gets the message!

>

> If they are constantly getting the message during the day and they swear they haven't been bombed out of SAP then what would cause that?

>

> Watches with interest!

> David

Ohh.... I am also a child looking for snails in the sea shore... the huge ocean of SAP is still unknown to me...

Lets wait for the OP's response (before my better half goes out of me with time and with beers) which is again a tough thing here.....

As much as I know, GuiXT helps to perform the same task of managing screen layout like Transaction Variants....

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan

Agreed - hotel room, SDN, Google and beer are our friends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Total Questions: 6 (5 unresolved)

Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to "Logoff Issue" and we would have more fun in a pub...

There is a similar thread in the Netweaver Admin forum though which I have my eye on -->

It might be worth watching that one as well, to hone our trouble-shooting security skills... (beyond PFCG and SU01).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

> As much as I know, GuiXT helps to perform the same task of managing screen layout like Transaction Variants....

>

> Regards,

> Dipanjan

If you want to see a bit more about what (I think) David is referring to have a google for elogon.txt and (hopefully) all shall be revealed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There's always the possibility that the user has reached the max number of sessions and tried logging on again.

Yes, I know it's mind blowing but it happened for one of our procurement users last week (hint)

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Oct 27, 2010 10:02 PM

0 Kudos

There's always the possibility that the user has reached the max number of sessions and tried logging on again.

Yes, I know it's mind blowing but it happened for one of our procurement users last week (hint)

Yes, that is another possibility --> user behaviour (F1, etc) with subsequent navigation, or a script.

Both are pests...

@ OP: When nothing is displayed in SM04 or AL08, what is in USR21?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I have had a similar problem, but I was able to see the running process in SM04, SM66, and SM50. I stopped the App server that was running the Dialog Processes and then restarted the server. The Dialog Process were ended and no longer. Here is my post if you would like to use it for reference. there are other suggestions besides just bouncing the App Server.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mike!

Lets see whether the OP follows up as thoroughly as you do to provide more information and solutions.

I am sure that a program error of sorts is still the root cause.

Cheers,

Julius