cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling large messages for outbound scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein xml messages are sent from ECC to a vendor via JMS communication.

The requirement is that their system doesnt have the horse power to handle more than 600 KB xml message size and the data coming from SAP could be potentially large. Is there anyway we can do that in PI ?

Thanks,

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your PI version ?

Yes, PI 7.1 or 7.1 EHP1 has message packaging feature, which allow you choose number of messages bundled or message size.

Regards

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Oct 27, 2010 7:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

and how can we do that ? Can you pl tell me the configurations to be done to enable that ?

Venkat.

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can do like the link below:

[Step-by-Step Guide in Processing High-Volume Messages Using PI 7.1's Message Packaging|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8906] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Follow also other help link:

[Using Message Packaging Correctly|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/46/828d703c8b0ad9e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

Best Regards

Bruno.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Yes, PI 7.1 or 7.1 EHP1 has message packaging feature, which allow you choose number of messages bundled or message size.

That is the absolute opposite. The message packaging serve to collect many small messages to increase throughput.

To split a large message into small messages, you have to consider a specific rule which you have to implement in mapping. There is no automatism which can identify logical units of your message.

Have an example: Your message is a bundle of invoices.

Now you have to consider, what should be a logical unit. For example you split your message to pieces with 100 invoices each.

This logic must be applied by yourself in a mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, sorry my misleading, should be splitting scenario.

Liang