cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0 Upgrade/Unicode conversion - SPUMG error

0 Kudos

We are attempting to perform an upgrade/Unicode conversion from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0.

Our first upgrade attempt succeeded. But the Unicode conversion failed for numerous reasons. We were forced to restore the system back to SRM 4.0 and reschedule the upgrade/Unicode conversion. The system was restored to the point in the Upgrade immediately prior to the start of downtime. The usr/sap/put directory was lost.

I want to start the upgrade entirely over. Since usr/sap/put was lost, I am unable to reset the upgrade through the Upgrade GUI. To prepare for restarting, I deleted all entries from the UVERS table. I unlocked the system. I began re-running the system preparation steps per the SAP documentation.

When running SPUMG, I have errors on six tables. They are:

CLS_ASSIGNMENT~

CLS_LINKED_OBJ~

ENHCROSS~

SVMCRT_MOD_TRANS~

WDY_COMPONENT~

WDY_CTX_ATTRIB~

The ST22 short dump gives the same error message for them all. The tables cannot be found. My understanding is that the tilde character at the end indicates these are shadow instance tables. Since I'm trying to start the upgrade from the beginning, the shadow instance shouldn't exist at this point anyway.

1. Is my thinking correct? Are these shadow instance tables? How can I delete them if they do exist somewhere?

2, Where is SPUMG finding these tables?

3. How can I stop SPUMG from attempting to validate these tables since they don't exist?

4. I'm doing these tasks on a test copy of production system. Since SPUMG was run successfully previously, would I be better off not rerunning SPUMG when I upgrade the production system?

Thank you for any assistance you can give me!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks technical issue and no SRM specific. You might get a hint in NetWeaver forum.

Regards,

Masa