cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure CEn or CENTRAL ALERT MONITOR??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

I'm configuring a Central Monitoring System.

I have Solution Manager and 3 different systems (ERP, XI and BI).

I want configure Solution Manager as CEN and that all alerts are sent to an external mail account.

I have already created the different RFC's to the remote systems, configure the SCOT and RZ21, but I'm confused with the terms CEN and CAS (Central Alert Server, Note 617547) and still can not get to send e-mail alerts.

Thans for your help.

Esteban G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esteban,

I Think you missed the Installation and Registration of CCMS Agents SAPCCM4X(Monitoring ABAP Instances),CCMS Agent SAPCCMSR(Double-Stack) which help in sending Alert Emails.

CEN is the Central System where the alerts are captured for the satellite system and CAS(Solution Manager) means the Email alerts(for satellite system) are sent out from Solution manager system not from the individual satellite systems.

the relevant documentation can be found at

<>. [original link is broken]

You should use the "Monitoring Setup Guide for Netweaver 7.0 (2004s) SPS15" <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f08287c4-a4ee-2a10-b0a2-c863755fdb94>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khaiser. Thanks for your early repply.

Obviously I have already configured the CCMS agents. In fact, in SOLMAN I see the alarms that I configured.

What I can not conclude, is the sending of email alerts. I´m not sure of the activities that I have to do in SOLMAN as in the monitored system (ERP, XI, etc).

I will check the Guide that you recommend me, because I worked with another guide for an older version (2004s).

Thanks again.

Regards,

Esteban G.