cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Issue Business Area and Profit Center - differing in WBS to Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my team has used COPY NETWORK option and copied a network under WBS in Project Builder (CJ20N), It has observed that org elements of WBS and Network, Acticity are differing.

Now there are thounds of records of the same, (Org Elements differing in WBS to Network).

Can you sugest me is there any option to resolve the issue and settlement can be made correctly

regards

sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once actual postings are made on object (like network or WBS element) you cannot change CO elements (profit center, business area). Those will be disabled. However if no postings happen then you can edit those data.

If postings already happened and you are not able to change the fields, you can create new network and activity under same WBS element and can transfer the cost (line item wise) through FI (I belive F-02 or FB50 transactions). Please check with your FI counter part once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you not able to edit the network profit center and business area..if answer is yes then I would suggest you to create a new activity to transfer the costs. You need to change the PC and BA on network to correct values.

Even though if you reverse all the entries also, you cannot use same activity then after. There also you need to create new activity. It is a cumbersome process.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen, and issue in taken care by FI Team

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand this can be done with help of FI /CO consultant help. I have done this kind of correction for Fucnational Area correction we have updated COEP with standard report and than GLPCA with anohter standard report. ( In order to correct Profitcenter accounting ) You need to consult right FI consultant. They can play with it and also access effect of correction.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Nitin. You need to take the help of your FI consultant. You can start off by searching for notes for the related topic.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the fields are in still editable mode, try mass update(CNMASS) and change the values.