cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR DAV:access-denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I have set up my DTR successfully, and started to use it. When my colleague had problems adding his projects to the repository, I tried adding a "Principal" in my client. I added his userId and the rights I liked to give him. After that, none of us can log in to the DTR. When using the NWDS (2.0.8) it gives me the error message

" Accessing server root property (XCM_CLIENT:minVersion) failed: Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]" in the console.

If I try to log on using my web browser (http://server:port/dtr), it gives me:

" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <DAV:error xmlns:x="http://xml.sap.com/2002/12/dtr/xcm" xmlns:DAV="DAV:">

<DAV:access-denied />

</DAV:error>"

How can I get back to using my DTR correctly?

Please advise.

Best regards, Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

according to the error report below, I assume, that is caused by missetting of permissions in the DTR. One has set ACLs at a sub-level (probably on /ws) instead of on the ROOT level. Now nobody has access to the DTR any more.

Solution: create a user "superadmin" with the UME. He doesn't need any permissions. Logon with this user on the UME again and change the password. Then logon with this user in the IDE to the DTR and delete all ACL-FILEs from the ws/system/config/active/ACLs. Try after that whether one can logon as e.g. administrator. If it is true, then delete the superadmin user or lock him for security reason.

Regards

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your response.

How do I access the DTR via the client using another user than the one that is default?

When I try to log on, I cannot change the user name. The inputfield is greyed out?

BR, Peter

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The NWDS sometime hangs on to the user name. Please close the developer studio and launch it again and it should give you the option to enter a new user name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

the field is always greyed out for me. (?)

Is there another way of deleting the ACL-files? I found an xml file with settings, but I cannot find the file on disk...?

BR, Peter

Message was edited by: Peter Lundström

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

After restarting the NWDS, it should prompt you for the username and password again when connecting to the DTR. You should be able to change the username for logon at that time. If for any reason the username field is still gray out, try removing the client and add again. You can do it simply by right click on the OFFINE node in the Repository Browser and choose the corresponding context menu item.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there Marc,

I succeeded in changing the user name and accessed the DTR after setting rights for users. Now I would like to erase everything in the DTR repository and start a new one. Do you know how to do this?

Best regards, Peter