cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not coming up in Dropdown for native forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Adobe interactive form with WebDynpro Java.

We have used native enumerated dropdown list to populate the dropdowns. The values are not coming up in the dropdowns if they are less in number like 2, 6, 28

but for the dropdowns having value 66 or any other value even the one with 15000 is working fine.

When we click on the dropdown it seems like nothing ( no event) is happening.

We tried value help but it is taking a lot of time and not good for forms' performance as we already have form with 12 pages.

Please let me know if anyone have used native EL dropdowns and they are able fetch the data from backend for field having values less than 30.

We don't want to use activeX but with ActiveX data is coming ( except for the field having 15ooo values)

The server and other details are:

NetWeaver - 7.00 SP21

Adobe reader - 9.1.3

Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1.4270

ADS is also installed.

Please let me know if you have any other workaround for this.

Thanks,

Namrta Mahajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrta,

I don't have answer of your problem but I have some questions for you

I know that you have worked on the BP project earlier so must be aware of the customer forms we are using.

I tried to convert the existing xACF forms to ZCI in our project and was able to get the large values in dropdowns ,even in less number of values also. You must be doing that extra binding in "Specify Item values" section which is required to get data in dropdowns for ZCI forms that is why you are getting the larger values.

My question is that are you getting these larger values in offline case also, because offline scenario I was not able to get the data in dorpdowns and also in online scenario it comes as a popup for larger values with ED.

Thanks & Regards

Ravindra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using Offline scenario in our case, So I am not sure about that. I need to chewck on that.

For dropdown with larger value it works as EVS, So pop up will definitely come.

Thansk,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrta..

I am not sure for the dropdown but try using a another type of the dropdown other than EL from the Standard library for adobe and not the WebDynpro native or activeX.. i m not sure of the name of the control I think its 'Dropdown List'.... we have worked on this and were able to fetch small number of values like 6, 10....

-

Thanks

Akshay Khakurdikar