cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Billing type is not getting picked up !!

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP folks,

There is a simple exercise which i am trying of setting up a new Billing (Z2) for Contract billing. In the previous scenario there is a billing type running good in the Application (Z1). For setting up the new billing type, i have followed the below process:

1. Create a New Billing Document type in VOFA and assignment a new number range.

2. Assign the New Billing Document to Contract type.

3. Set the Copying control for the Contract to Billing in VTFA and extend the same configuration to Item category level.

4. Delete the earlier copying control set between the old billing type and Contract.

Now when i bill manually, i am able to go for the new Billing type and billing successful but in case of Automatic billing, the system is still picking the old billing type and throwing up an error "THE BILLING TYPE Z1 CAN"T BE BILLED WITH CONTRACT".

Did i miss anthing in configuration ??? I think for automatic billing, the contract picks up the billing document set in Document level configuration but still am getting this issue.

Eagerly awaiting to hear from you guys on this !!

Regards,

Sarthak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In this case , you dont want to do the Second and Third steps .System itself will do all the settings related to copying control when you create new billing type.

Make it as it is in copying control., and try to do billing..

With Regards

S.Siva