cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot summary when GR post to same material and batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The business flow is, when material with same batch number come to plant, this batch may split and post to different storage location.

we have tried setting control inslot parameter to "2 For each material batch and storage location" but it only work within one storage location.

can any expert suggest idea about this thing, thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FireFighter ,

you suggestion is good, make some change in userexit is a good idea. But in QPL10001 user exit I can not control system not create an inspection lot. I have tried to replace the inspection lot num in QPL10001, but the system post a message that data update was terminated.

I also tried QAAT0001 user exit , which can control an inspection lot created by setting parameter E_NO_Inspection eq 'X', but I can not update the inspection lot created in previous GR.

can you suggest any other user exit or badi can help?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll only be able to stop the second lot from being created. You won't be able to update an open, existing inspection lot because of the different storage location. SAP can't have two segments of inventory linked to the same insp. Lot.

Are you using batch status at your plant? As an alternative, you could create the batches with a restricted batch status. Then the whole batch, regardless of storage location shows as restricted stock. Use the user exit to prevent creation of additional insp lots. When the first insp lot is completed, the batch status can be changed via the UD stock posting to unrestricted stock. When this happens, all stock of the batch in all other storage locations will change to unrestricted stock.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FireFighter,

Thanks a lot,problem may be solved by using batch status to prevent stock movement.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So do u want to have an inspection lot created for each? Or have the second receipt ignored? U don't indicate if you are getting inspection lots in both cases or if if you are getting just one. Maybe I'm not reading it correctly.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FireFighter ,

In a standard system, when GR post to different strorage location, inspection lot created for each GR post.

But what we want is one inspection lot for all of this GR, cause we make only one inspection for the goods received with same batch.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll probably have to use QPL10001 user exit to insert coding to suppress the creation of additional lots if one has already been done.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a suggestion may be useful

IN our case of Pharma ,we have same situation.What we have defined is a class char called "Batch ID"

When a situation arise for multiple shipment we only change the batch ID whereas Batch number received always remain same.

Means shipment is identified by the Batch ID & batch Number.................

Based on this logic you can manage to distinguish the batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SujitSND ,

IN our case, we have keeping the same batch number, but different storage location, so each GR will create one inspection lot.

However, we only want one inspection lot for all this GR cause we only inspect one times.

Edited by: Denis.chen on Oct 28, 2010 3:02 AM