cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated configurations or ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been hearing (while working with SAP PI7.0) to work with ABAP Proxy (sproxy) instead of RFC adapter in order to bypass the AE and "talk" to SAP ECC natively straight with IE.

Now working with SAP PI 7.1 I have a scenario where I can use INTEGRATED CONFIGURATIONS and process it locally (AAE).

So, What is the best way ?

Use FILE - ABAP Proxy scenario or use Integrated configurations with FILE-RFC scenario ?

Thank you

Regards

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Use FILE - ABAP Proxy scenario or use Integrated configurations with FILE-RFC scenario ?

I recommend using ABAP Proxy because the error handling and monitoring is better.

You should not use RFC in an async scenario.

Starting with PI 7.1 EhP1 you can address ABAP proxy from SOAP adapter, so you can use also in IC.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Thank you for all the answers.

I know that in a regular scenario FILE-ABAP proxy would be better. However my concern was regarding using Integrated Configuration in SAP PI 7.1 where you can full process the message locally (AAE) avoiding IE.

And to use IC you can't have a XI adapter, for that reason my question if I could have a scenario FILE-RFC using AAE gaining performance comparing with regular File-ABAP Proxy known in SAP PI 7.0.

But now I know that I also can use ABAP proxy as a web service and use SOAP receiver channel in my IC.

Does someone have some link how to use proxies (Abap proxy) as Web Service ? So I can use it in SOAP receiver channel ?

thank you

Regards

Diego

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File to ABAP Proxy is preferable solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Stefan, ABAP proxy is a better option. Please go through below mentioned link, which tells Best Integration Approach among RFC Adapter, ABAP Proxy, and Enterprise Services

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e7ae66-be6d-2a10-d385-92e6e67de...

Regards,

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

You can use ABAP Proxy with integrated Configuration if your WEb AS Version 7.0 or above form PI 7.1. Using Integrated Configurtion is recommended as it improves the performance while processing the messages.

Regards,

Vinod

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use file to ABAP Proxy scenario.

Take the help from Blog :

/people/sandeep.kaushik/blog/2010/07/15/abap-proxy-complete-developments-on-sap-pi-sap-abap-systems