cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decimal places for qualitative characterstics in inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have lot quantity with decimal (i.e 2.5 Ltr),and lot is generated for 01 type inspection type,But we have assigned MIC's as qualitative characterstics,While result recording the MIC's are either accepted are rejected,for this in RRecording,I am entering the quantity 1.5Ltr Accepted and 1Ltr Rejected ,But system not allows me to enter Decimal places.

Now My question is why system not accepted the quantity but lot Quantity is in Decimal.

I know for qualitative character is attribute,it cannot accept the Decimal places,But we have assinged an inspection point to generate a rejection leter for above quanity. The Rej Letter fetches the data from resul recording.

can give any suggestion to enter decimal places in Resul recording.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In results recording i am assuming you are trying to enter the 1.5 qty in the column "Inspected". I don't know where else you would be trying to enter a qty against a characteristic.

The number inspected however means sample units. Not an actual qty. So sample uints can not be expressed in decimals, only whole units.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now My question is why system not accepted the quantity but lot Quantity is in Decimal.

In simple words Lot Qty is derived in inspection lot from the PO or GR qty whereas sample Qty or individual sample Qty is derived from the sampling procedure attached to a individual char.

Now As you rightly understood that for attribute char you really can not enter the decimal.what can be done is as you wrote >"the Rej Letter fetches the data from result recording">you can make the enhancement in the Letter fetching data like 1.5Ltr Accepted and 1Ltr Rejected

or

make enhancement & update table with User Exit :---->QEEM0003 User exit: add. functions after valuating insp. characs

I hope this may throw some light