cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need PI in webservice communication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to let an external system system talk to ECC 6.0, going through PI 7.11.

The external system uses webservices.

Now I worked a few years with PI 7.0. But the combination of 7.11 and webservices is quite complicated to me and i am looking for the best way to do this.

I've read quite few blogs on the subject, but still have some doubts/questions

1) Why should we use PI in this scenario? What are the advantages? Or is it just slowing things down without much benefit?

Is it possible to let the external system talk directly to ECC?

2) Suppose we use PI anyway.

ECC has standard BAPI's that are available as webservices.

What is the best way to make these webservices available in PI? Can i do an import directly, like i can with RFC? Or should i do export from ECC and then import in PI (sounds a bit complicated to me)

3) Now i need to send this webservice to my external system.

Can i send it directly without any mapping, using the AAE?

Do i still need an interface mapping in this case then?

Hoping for some comments to point me in the right way.

Thx.

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1) Why should we use PI in this scenario? What are the advantages? Or is it just slowing things down without much benefit?

> Is it possible to let the external system talk directly to ECC?

Monitoring can be done easily, error.trouble shooting process will be easy if you go with PI

>

>

> 2) Suppose we use PI anyway.

> ECC has standard BAPI's that are available as webservices.

> What is the best way to make these webservices available in PI? Can i do an import directly, like i can with RFC? Or should i do export from ECC and then import in PI (sounds a bit complicated to me)

>

SOAP->PI>ABAP PROXY

SOAP>PI>RFC

> 3) Now i need to send this webservice to my external system.

> Can i send it directly without any mapping, using the AAE?

> Do i still need an interface mapping in this case then?

>

>

SOAP>PI>RFC case, you can do one to one mapping,you can use AAE,in this case.

you have to provide WSDL,service url to third party people, and publish Sender Agrement in service registry

Regards.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Robert has been working with SAP PI 7.0 hence he has no questions about SOAP - RFC Scenarios nor if he has to use mapping if his scenario is 1:1 (thank you anyway ).

I believe he needs some clarifications about using WS adapter (WS-RM protocol) instead of SOAP adapter in order to use AAE.

His concern is quite similiar with mine, so If I am wrong, Robert accept my appologizes...but experts, please try to help us in that direction.

Thank you

Diego

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

question is obsolete now.

thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. PI will help to you for monitoring. There is no slowdown in process. External system can talk directly with ECC but better to use PI in between for centralized monitoring.

2. You can Import BAPI in ESR the way you use to import RFC structure in PI 7.0. There is no change.

3. If your Source and Target structure is same (1:1 Mapping), then no need of any interface mapping.

-Gouri